There are a lot of things in America that attract tourists to visit this country. First of all, you will have a chance to enjoy the beautiful landscape spreading throughout the nation. Also, there are many famous heritages of the world gathering here for you to contemplate such as the Statue of Liberty, the Independence Hall or National Parks. Lately, with the introduction of a new permit called US ESTA Visa for Portugal, it is not very difficult for residents of this country to enter the States. Let’s keep reading to find out more!
Frequently asked questions about US ESTA Visa for Portugal
What is an ESTA?
ESTA is a short word for “Electronic System for Travel Authorization”. This automated system is developed by the government of the USA in order to determine the eligibility of travelers to visit this country under the Visa Waiver Program.
How many ways are there to apply for a US ESTA Visa for Portugal?
Basically, you can apply for an ESTA in two ways that we introduce in the following lines:
- Individual application: this one is the most suitable choice for travelers who are planning a trip to the US on their own. You just have to spend a few minutes taking the online form and making payment for your ESTA.
- Group application: this kind of application is mainly offered to people going on holiday together. Requesting an ESTA in this way helps to save a lot of time since only one person needs to answer all the questions given.
What items are necessary for an ESTA application?
An ESTA does not ask you to provide as many documents as a normal visa does. Here are all you need:
- A passport from a Visa Waiver Program country: is the most important thing on the list that you are not allowed to miss for an ESTA application. Please have a check at your passport’s expiration date to see if it is still valid.
- An email address: is the tool which helps you keep track of the process as well as to receive your ESTA when it is done. Thus, do not forget to turn on the notifications to get the latest points.
- A means of payment: you have to prepare a method of payment for your ESTA fee. There are some ways for you to select such as MasterCard, VISA, American Express or PayPal accounts.
>>> Suggested: US Visa Requirements
How many steps are there in an ESTA application?
There are three main steps included in the applying process which are detailed below:
- As there is an online form available for you on our homepage, you can go there to take it and fill in the blanks with all necessary details regarding passport number, date of birth, name, nationality, etc. Kindly review everything again before moving to see if you make any typos.
Pay and confirm
- After answering all the questions given, you have to pay your ESTA fee. About the means of payment, you can use MasterCard, VISA, American Express, PayPal accounts but not cash.
Get your ESTA
- Your ESTA will be sent to you in several days. Then, you can print it out for checking when showing up in America.
How long will my ESTA be done?
You can decide the timeframe to process your ESTA by choosing one from the given selections:
- Normal processing: 3 business days
- Emergency processing: 24 hours
- Rush processing: 12 hours
How much money does an ESTA cost?
The price of an ESTA comprises government and service fees as shown in the following lines:
Government fee: $14
- Normal processing: $59
- Emergency processing: $79
- Rush processing: $89
How long can I stay in the US with my ESTA?
You have the right to stay in the US for 90 days as a maximum. However, with the benefits of multiple entries, you can come to this country later for another vacation.
Where can I get more details about ESTA?
Should you have any difficulties during the process, please contact us for help by leaving a message in the box on our website. Your questions will be replied to in the shortest time by our experts whose lots of experience in this field to support you with useful guidance.